Tuesday, 24 May 2016

First Day of NTU-Flagship

  • What did you do today?
Today, I learnt a lot on how to make a proper structure with a minimum amount of materials that can carry the maximum amount of weight. My group and I attempted to build a model of a water tower using balsa wood. I bonded with my groupmates whom I wasn't close before I went to this project. My group was very cooperative and we managed to build a model of a water tower that is sturdy enough to carry 470N.
  • What did you learn today?
I learnt about the usage of force onto the water tower. To build a sturdy water tower, we must first have a strong foundation. The criss-cross on the water tower are used to make it sturdy and also a stronger base.
  • How do you feel about today’s activities?
This project helps me to improve my planning and drawing for the model before we even work on building it. Working with my groupmates, we managed to use what we learned from school, like force, to build a better water tower. Throughout the day, it has been fun and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment